Onto the recipe:
1/2 cup shortening (see previous blog on margarine/shortening)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour mixed with 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal.
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C, 180 degrees F.
- Cream the shortening. Add sugars and mix.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Add oatmeal and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and hand mix.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased, floured pan. I personally use a silicone baking sheet or baking paper and skip the greased, floured part.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until the cookies can be lifted without being stuck to the sheet.